Wednesday 14 December 2011

Spicy Paneer Masala

When I was thinking wat different I could do with paneer today, I remembered the recipie my sister in law gave me for Kadamba Sadam (will post the recipie later). My husband tasted it's gravy and said you make this gravy alone one day. So I thought instead of a plain gravy why not try adding something to it. I had paneer in the frig. This dish came about. It was so tasty that I thought I should make it more often since it is very easy. It took about 30 mins to make this......

Ingredients:

Paneer 100gms
Onions 3 nos
Tamarind water 1/4 cup
garlic 7-8 cloves
coconut 3 tbsp
green chillies 2 nos
turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
sambar powder 2 tbsp
cardamom 2nos
cloves 2 nos
bay leaf 1 no
cinnamon stick 1 no
jeera 1 tsp
For tempering:
mustard seeds
urad dal
channa dal
red chilly
curry leaves

Method:
  1. Cut onion and paneer into cubes.
  2. Cook the paneer pieces in hot water for 5-10 mins till they are just soft. Drain and keep aside.
  3. Grind the coconut, green chillies, jeera, garlic into a fine paste without adding much water.
  4. Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, red chilly and curry leaves.
  5. Now add the inion and fry till it becomes transperent.
  6. Now add the tamamrind water and bring it to boil.
  7. When the raw smaell of the tamarind water goes, add the sambar powder, turmeric powder, hing and salt.
  8. Let it boil for 3 mins. Now add the ground paste and let it cook for another 3 mins. If the gravy is very thick add little water because after adding paneer it will become more thick.
  9. Now add the paneer pieces and keep for about a minute.
  10. Remove from fire and serve hot with Rotis or Phulkas
Note: Adjust the amount of sambar powder depending on how spicy it is and your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment